Saturday, June 30, 2012

Myolie Wu, Kevin Cheng, Michael Tse's TVB series nominated on 7th Seoul TV Awards

Michael Tse's Lives of Omission, Myolie Wu's Curse of the Royal Harem and Kevin Cheng's Ghetto Justice have been nominated for Korea's 7th Seoul TV Drama Awards, held on August 30th, competing against TV series from Japan, Korea, Taiwan, United States, the Philippines and many other countries. Kevin's popular Mainland series Startling By Each Step is also part of the nomination competing against popular Korean dramas Rooftop Prince and The Moon That Embraces the Sun as well as over 200 other TV series worldwide.

After learning Lives of Omission made it on the nominations, Michael said: "I haven't got the notice yet, never thought we'll be in the nominations, very shocked and surprised. Of course I'm happy, and plan to go have Korean food to celebrate. The nomination proves that HK series are attractive and language isn't an issue. The most important is the quality."

TV Queen Myolie Wu scored 'double' with Curse of the Royal Harem and Ghetto Justice and following Charmaine Sheh, she may even snag the Most Popular HK Actress Award too. She said: "With two series, the chances are higher and I hope to get the award too. However, I don't dare to put my hopes up too high because I'm afraid I'll be disappointed. I hope to visit Seoul too, haven't been to Korea in a long time and want to see the Korean fans. In the next few days, I'll be heading over to Beijing to attend the Hua Ding awards, competing for the Best Actress award. I have okay confidence, my opponents are strong!"

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More