Monday, June 25, 2012

"File of Justice" 20 years later Bobby-Au Yueng, Michael Tao & Felix Lok meets again


Michael Tao, Bobby Au-Yeung and Felix Lok (Ah Gung) became good friends after being in five seasons of Files of Justice. The three of them sit down together again after 20 years to chat about the past.

Michael: I thought of a good image for us, the three of us come together and give off a different feel.

Bobby: You act with bow ties, but I can't find my previous hairstyle anymore! My head is getting rounder and rounder each year, later I'll have to sleep upside down, so the skin on my face won't loosen...haha!

Ah Gung: Files of Justice is already 20 years ago! We're sitting here together again, that is truly hard to come, very memorable! In the past when shooting series, mostly it's last minute scripts, but now that I'm with CTI, the company has a regulation of no last minute scripts!

Kisses Flora Chan nonstop

Bobby: In fact audience like to watch us three brothers at-home scenes, but I actually like Michael's kiss scenes more! His kiss scenes with Flora Chan and Jessica Hsuan, wah.. I was still there watching during the midnight snack!

Michael: I didn't ask for it, but often times my co-stars treats me well. That time it was Flora's first on-screen kiss too!

Ah Gung: They all have a western girl personality, takes initiative. That scene you had with Flora was awesome!

Michael: How do you know its awesome? Only I know it's awesome...haha!

Bobby: When it comes to kiss scenes, that time when I encountered Esther Kwan, I really learned something! I'm pretty shy when doing kiss scenes, but that day when Esther and I had that scene, she was talking while we were filming the kiss... she told me not to overlap my face with hers. Behind the scenes, I was even complaining she didn't put enough effort, but she said talking in between the kiss will be more realistic. Indeed, the outcome was pretty good! Don't believe me, Michael you try it!

Michael: No la...at this point in life, I'm afraid to kiss girls on camera. A light kiss in the morning, I can still do, but those passionate kiss scenes, wah..too much!

Bobby: I had a passionate kiss scene with Ada Choi before, very frightening...if I had a curvy chin like Michael, then the kiss would look good, but I got a flat chin and face, once we bump into another, nothing can be seen anymore, the eyes, ears, mouth, nose, none of it. So I thought of an idea to tell Ada: "When we shoot, I'll kiss your face or if not, I'll kiss your forehead and that's it!" She unexpectedly answered me: "Aiya... I think so too!" Dang...

Ah Gung fitter than Him Law

Michael: Ah Gung shooting those police scenes is pretty difficult too. Shooting the investigation scenes, got to run all over Hong Kong, but Ah Gung really lives life by the rules. Back then when I went to his house, I saw he had his own private gym in there. He has such a fit body figure now, even better than Him Law's!

Ah Gung: Back then I can shoot 11 or 12 days of investigation scenes, I was young then, but now I still keep up with my physical activity and can still look pretty good on screen!

Michael: Actually we were quite picky on the looks, back then while shooting Files of Justice we had to change into a new outfit for every scene, all of my bow ties were from my own personal wardrobe.

Pants falls off in public, Filipino bystanders shout: "Small!"

Bobby: You (Michael) even wanted all white silk pajamas, like a White Dragon King! There was one time, we were filming outdoors...that day it was Sunday, at the public square in Queens. Me and you were carrying our costumes, initially we were going to change in the tuxedo store, but wanted a faster way, so we just decided to change near the TVB van. Unexpectedly when you unbutton your pants, you forgot your wallet in the back pocket, and resulted in your pants falling off. The pants fell right down to your feet, and the large group of Filipino workers saw the scene and shouted: "oh! Michael...small!" Your eyes grew big! I can just say: "Next time change your pants more diligently!" Hahah....

Michael: So, you were wearing shades in the mall and couldn't see where you were going. You held on the rails as you walked, but still tripped and PK! Haha!

Bobby: You dare to mention that again, that time if it wasn't because you were laughing too loudly, the people in the entire mall wouldn't have known it was me! Everyone looked at me, I was so embarrassed!

Back then, they were three young men, but they didn't compete or back stab each other, instead they were good brothers. Even after work, they got together for coffee and rehearsed the scripts.

Bobby: Although we were very playful, we had great teamwork. Every time we finished shooting a scene, we would go to the nearby coffee shop to discuss the scene. Each one of us had a great attitude, very fit! I asked producer (Gary Tang) why did he cast us 'second line' actors in this series, he said the first line actors may have all the screen time to themselves in one episode, but with all the second line actors, there could be healthy competition!

Ah Gung: I discovered another phenomenon, not just the producer made good results out of us, we never quarrel or compete for screen time, we had a good relationship. And this relationship lasted for all five seasons, didn't change. That is truly rare. In other series, everyone seeing each other for such long periods, many would start arguing!

Bobby: That's why I really look forward to having Files of Justice continue on, do another gathering....

Michael: We're good old time buddies, stepped into another stage in life, up until today, we sit down together again, I believe the producers will have to think of a new refreshing idea to match us!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More