Saturday, June 9, 2012

Fala Chen messes up on Live singing, nervous and tears up

Fala Chen, William Chan and Sherman Chung were recording on JSG last night. Fala appeared in a back-revealing long dress: "Because this is my first time on JSG as a singer, and I have to perform live, so I'm treating this as a grand occasion. (Nervous?) Yes, so I practiced the song several times."

Fala frankly expressed it's quite a challenge for her to perform Cantonese songs and high notes. When she was recording, she got off-key the first two tries and couldn't reach the high notes. Although Fala barely got it on the third try, the executive at her record company wanted perfection, and asked her to record the song another time. Later, Fala explained: "I was a little nervous singing live for the first time. While I was singing, I got too into the song. I thought of the lonely feeling conveyed in the song, and the tears just came out! (Are you satisfied with your performance?) OK la! (How would you score yourself?) I don't know! There aren't any scores on JSG." Did her boyfriend give her any advice? Fala said: "Nobody has heard the new song. It is important that I rely on practicing the song myself and not on getting advice from others. If I wanted to ask, I would ask my teacher, producer or boss for professional advice."

Fala's debut album is scheduled to release in July, when asked if she knows her 'sister-in-law' Marie Zhuge is also releasing an album? She coldly said: "I haven't heard, ok!" When asked again if she's afraid of the competition? She generously responded: "Why would that be? There are so few singers in the HK music industry nowadays, I hope the industry will flourish with healthy competition." She also said she's not afraid that the public will compare her to Marie: "It's enough to do my best on my own part."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More