Monday, April 23, 2012

Flora Chan TVB Veteran Actress

It's been a long time Flora Chan. No, it's been a long time since we've seen you on TV since we usually see you on the print media. However, often times, they are troublesome or 'debt' negative reports. Also, with the news of your husband's bankruptcy, Fans are very concerned and are interested in gossiping about the inside story. Each time we see Flora, she is in a hurry to leave, but this time it's a rare chance that she gets to sit down and chat with Cosmo.

As for Flora's HK fans, who have been waiting to see her again, wait no more, Flora is making a comeback.

"It's just, people do different things during different stages in life. Several years back when I was still at TVB shooting series, I placed most of my time on work. Today, I allocate my time to family and my own personal wisdom. My daughter is now 2 years old and I have decided to concentrate on taking care of her. This November, she will be starting pre-school and won't need her mother, and I can have some time to do my own things, such as physical activity or reading. I also still really enjoy acting and have done some Mainland series, it's just not broadcast in HK."

The Westernize Flora working in Mainland, it definitely will be a challenge for her to adapt to life in Mainland. However, she loves a challenge: "Whether if it's Mainland or HK, I am still an actress. You can say there is no difference or you can say there is a great difference." She explains: "In HK, the crew are usually the same few people, and when I get to the set, I already know how the situation will be like. However in Mainland, we are always working with different crews, not just the different actors and directors, the culture and system of values of all the Mainland staff differs from HK. When trying to adapt to the new environment, I am able to take an another step to further build up myself. I do all my homework and can create new sparks with the co-stars."

When she says 'do all her homework', she means for the role she will have to get herself into a new life. Flora said: "There could be 20 different types of Professionals because the role has her own background and past. Her past will affect her specific reactions, so I will take this background and create a new personality." Flora expressed acting to her is always new and fresh because each role is very interesting.

This TV Queen, understands the television awards and also does not think too much about it. She said: "Even if artists' put in great efforts and contributions, they may not get any awards. Honestly, artists are just for business use. In that year, whichever artist was able to help the boss make a profit, then that artist will get the award. That's how the game works in award ceremonies, all are like that."

Entertainment news readers probably knows about Flora's husband and manager Mike Chung's bankruptcy due to a failed business. The lead female generously faces the whole situation and hasn't 'left during a crisis'. Outsiders should not speculate too much.

"The media had always report the negative and less of the good. I just live my life. My husband is a confident person that knows what he wants. It requires a lot of confidence for a man to go out to the supermarket and buy groceries. Likewise, being a homemaker also requires a lot of confidence. Just as long as the important people understands and friends know, then that is enough. I will never force others to understand me or like me."

Mr. and Mrs. Chung have a deep relationship and a beloved daughter. "My daugther's name 'Leut Yin', the 'Leut' is the word for established law or discipline. It's my husband's idea, he hopes she can become an useful person. Her English name is Mira, which is a combination of my husband's English name (Mike) and my name (Flora)."

As a mother, it represents Flora has already reached the second half of life. Her first and foremost goal obviously relates to the next generation. Flora said she will raise her daughter to become an useful person and contribute to society. In series, Flora often plays intelligent women and often lingers between her career and love. In reality, she won't hesitate, her family is the top priority.

Despite placing family in first place, Flora does not disregard her health. Today seeing Flora close up, we discover her delicate and graceful facial appearance, 10 years still the same. Her mother helped her come up with a secret to skincare. Flora said: "Life balance. That does not just mean on the outside, but the inside is also very important. Maintain a balance. For whatever it is, it cannot be forced." Flora stressed: "I am very happy, happier than before because I know what I want. I possess true confidence. You can say, the choices are on my hand." Sure, you have choices, you are the boss right?

'Boss Chan' decides to treat aging like it's nothing. "I have never been worried about my age. You cannot stop time, so why not just keep moving forward. The rule to skincare is to do appropriate things in the appropriate time. For example, when you are in your 20s, still have a lot of youthfulness, basic skincare is enough. When you get older, you need some products." Flora laughed, she's not trying to act smart, it's just because as Neutrogena's spokesperson, she was asked to promote their products. She does genuinely believe that Neutrogena's line of Anti-Wrinkle products really did help her.

"Whether if its the skin or mentality, there is no need to put too much pressure on yourself. That is the direction of taking good care of yourself." Flora's core stress reduction is to have self-confidence: "When facing any situation, having self-confidence can lead you to a solution."

Indeed, someone filled with self-confidence and love for oneself, why would they fear the gossips circulating in the public?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More