Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Chapman To diagnosed with a strange illness, paralysis in the limbs

In the recent month, the weather in Hong Kong switches from hot and cold, lots of citizens are catching the flu due to the inconsistent weather, Chapman To included. After being ill for a month, a few days ago Chapman suddenly has a double vision condition, lost of muscle reflexes and even imbalance. Chapman went to see the doctor and was diagnosed with a rare disease called Miller Fisher. It was understood, the most severe case could be paralysis or even difficulty in breathing, leading to suffocation and eventually death.

Yesterday Chapman accepted a phone interview and spoke about his current condition. He said: "Since I live in a single family home, I will be more careful when going down the stairs. This disease is rare in HK, so the doctor drew my blood and sent it to the United States for a lab test and determine how severe my case is. The recovery period should be about 2 weeks to 6 months." Chapman is currently suffering from double vision and tetraplegia (paralysis in limbs/torso), but he optimistically expressed: "Although if this disease is serious, it can be fatal, but its rare!"

Due to Chapman's illness, he had to stop working immediately and cancel jobs, including the trip to The Locamo International Film Festival. Chapman said: "This year I have two films nominated in the film festival The Bounty and Vulgaria. I really wanted to go, but now I can't go!" His manager (Mani Fok) frankly expressed she was frightened when she heard of Chapman's condition. She was very worried and immediately modified his work schedule, turning down all jobs for the next two months, losing about 7 figures!

Chapman said losing 7 figures is not as important, but actually what gives him the most headache is he's affecting the casting process of his latest film Super Manager 超級經理人. He expressed: "Initially I was going to go the Beijing Dance Academy in May to look for new artists, but now I can't go. Such a headache, will have to come up with another plan!"

The person that is most worried about Chapman's condition is his wife, Kristal Tin, but because Kristal is currently in NingBo shooting a series, so she can't be by Chapman's side to take care of him. She is super worried! When reporters phoned Kristal, she was clearly in a confusion. For all the questions asked, she only answered them half way and her voice gave away how worried she was about her husband. She said: "I'm really worried about him! A few days ago when I didn't know what was happening yet, I really wanted to go back to HK immediately, but he told me not to. Now that I know he's sick, I'm worried if he can recover and what makes me most unhappy is that I can't be there to take care of him. But, he comforted me back, and joked that the illness won't affect his brain, so when he recovers he will still be just as handsome and smart. He took a picture of a large pile of food he bought home to eat, and said he knows how to take care of himself. Aiya, but my feelings are even more complicated when he does that."

Chapman's good friends from the industry such as Fiona Sit and Elanne Kong were extremely worried about his condition. They called him to ask about his condition, making Chapman very touched.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More